The OpalCompiler is a Smalltalk-to-Bytecode compiler for Pharo. Originaly it was named NewCompiler, which can be found here.
- Support for full block closures.
- Easy to understand and modify.
- Based on the AST of the Refactoring Engine.
- Retargable Backend
Users of OpalCompiler
The OpalCompiler has been used in a number of projects:
- ByteSurgeon — Runtime Bytecode Transformation for Smalltalk
- ChangeBoxes — Modeling Change as a first-class entity
- Reflectivity — Persephone, Geppetto and the rest.
- AOStASqueak — an experimental port of AOStA to Squeak
- Babel - Scripting Language Experiments for Squeak
- ThothCompiler — Enabling the Parser of the NewCompiler to be used in an up-to-date (10/2009) Pharo image.
- Helvetia — Context Specific Languages with Homogeneous Tool Integration
- Albedo — Unified approach to structural and behavioral reflection
Ready to run image can be found in the hudson server
- Main Contact: Marcus Denker
- The OpalCompiler Mailinglist is email@example.com. You can use the Mailman web interface to subscribe.
- People: Anthony Hannan (original Author), Marcus Denker, Mathieu Suen, Jorge Ressia...