- identify best practices and anti-patterns in the state of the art and compare with common wisdom
- Gaelli & Wampfler did manually look at tests
- both positive and negative
- e.g. tests should be independent, mock objects, assertions, composed tests, etc.
Strategies for detecting best practices and anti-patterns
- look at papers and extract recommendations and anti-patterns
- look at testing codes, list attributes, and categorize them
- talk to people and ask them about their practice
Afterwards look at automatic analysis, classification and detection for larger corpus.
Contact: Maudlin Kummer