Vision Backlog is a mobile tablet solution for the modern day requirements engineering needs. Our main focus is Industry 4.0 landscape where many companies will undergo a digital transformation, and building software for numerous aspects of everyday work of the workers would demand a rigorous understanding of the problem domain and an innovative approach to gather and manage requirements.
We encourage and empower project stakeholders to perform requirements engineering activities on their own, possibly at their workspace, and the mobile app does the heavy lifting for requirements engineer/analyst. Vision backlog helps stakeholders to gracefully specify their goals, required contextual information around it. For analysts, it provides several important features such as requirements evolution graphical statistics, a complete overview of the product vision, ability to prepare data for subsequent software modeling activities to name a few.
Possible future improvements
- Automatic creation of probable Personas from the user profiles, prioritizing tasks according to the importance of a Persona
- Adding social networking capabilities
- Further capturing the true context of working conditions such as adding photographs to the task model
- Adding more analytical capabilities for requirements or business analysts
- Preparing the system to export data to an external modeling environment
- Implementing a workflow for going from a product vision to concrete actionable requirements
- Establishing true traceability between stakeholder ideas and the corresponding modeling or software artifacts