I am a postdoctoral researcher in the [Software Engineering Group](https://seg.inf.unibe.ch/). I have been a PhD Candidate at the University of Bern in the Software Composition Group from January 2018-January 2022. Prior to this, I have done masters in software system from the Birla Institute of Technology and Science-Pilani During my masters, I have worked on “Software Fault Tree Analysis” which is a safety analysis technique to identify a software-related error in early design phase from UML model.
As the complexity of software system increase, it becomes more important to tackle the future problem in the early stages. To support developers in building these complex systems we require tools which can support rapid development, understanding the system, re-using the existing system, reduce testing effort, and automate various tasks for them. My research interest lies in supporting developers with various tools in their IDEs. Currently I am working on gathering and identifying developers information needs regarding code comments for program comprehensions tasks.
|Developing smart IDEs||Object-Oriented Programming|
|Improving code documentation||Code comments analysis|
- Identify various kinds of information from class comments automatically
- How do code documentation efforts spread over class hierarchy?
- Identify the comment issues pointed out in the code review phase
- Identification of the class responsibility information from the Pharo class comments
- Searching code examples in IDE using natural language queries
- Derive the contextual information from developer's questions
- Individual projects available on request.
Finished Thesis projects
- Survey of commenting conventions covered by style guidelines and the tools
- Adherence of class comments to the commenting style guidelines
- Generate Pharo class comments automatically
- Software Developers' Information Needs
- Analysis of Developer Information Needs on Collaborative Platforms
- Msc: Investigating developer's questions using web scraping
- Bsc: Analyzing the inconsistency between comments and source code in Pharo
- Seminar: Plugin for Moose to Analyse Natural Language Questions
- Seminar: How do the class comments differ in common programming languages?
- Seminar: Assessing comments quality automatically in Pharo
- Email: pooja.rani |at| inf.unibe.ch
- Telephone: \+41 31 511 7639
- Address: University of Bern, Software Composition Group,
Room 106, Schützenmattstrasse 14, CH-3012 Bern
- Webpage: /staff/Pooja-Rani