How to manage scgStore
How to log in to scgStore?
In the Store menu of the launcher, choose 'Connect to Repository'. A dialog pops up where you have to fill in information for connecting to a Store database.
Provide the following information:
- Interface: select PostgreSql from the dropdown box
- Environment: type (without the quotes!): 'db.iam.unibe.ch:5432_scgStore'
- User Name: storeguest (if you have one, put yours)
- Password: storeguest (if you have one, put yours)
To access the SCG Store do the following In the Store menu of the launcher: Store -> Published Items
How to add a user to scgStore?
log in as scg on db.iam.unibe.ch
do: 'module load postgres'
do: 'createuser -D -A -P' (this prompts for username and password)
If the user needs write access to store
- use psql scgStore and "alter group storeusers add user username;"
open a Visualworks image and connect to the scg store using the user 'scg' with the regular password. This is the administrator user for the scgStore.
go to Store>Administration>User/Group Management.
in the application, add the user under the correct heading (e.g. probably scg)
How to add a database?
- log in as scg on db.iam.unibe.ch
- do: 'module load postgres'
- do: 'psql' and in that command-line program execute 'CREATE DATABASE XYZ'
- to correctly initialize the tables open an image with a loaded Store-parcel and execute in a workspace 'Store.DbRegistry installDatabaseTables'