Bender VM Download
The Bender frontend was not tested and designed for a stable and secure deployment on a server. We therefore provide Bender as a VM package to download. Sorry for the extensive size of the image. Shrinking it resulted in some problems, which is why we finally decided against it.
The Bender image can be imported as a virtual machine in VirtualBox. After downloading and extracting (this will take a while!) just choose File>Import Appliance and navigate to the extracted .ovf file to import the Bender image as a new virtual machine.
Please note that operations on the Bender image are prone to take a long time due to its extensive size!
The Bender VM packagage contains the following:
Running Bender Tool as an Ruby on Rails project (read readme file within the VM for instructions)
The source code of the three bender sub projects:
- The Bender Core (Java) containing the Lucene Search Framework
- The Bender Frontend (JRuby on Rails)
- Bendy helper project (Ruby) with does crawling and calculation of trustability data
The 3 data collections which make the database of bender:
- Source code collection for a limited number of Java projects (indexed and searchable via Bender frontend) - total ca. 200k files
- Metadata base as .json files contain the meta information for about 3700 projects
- Trustability information calculated (also .json files) i.e., karma assessment for all developers and trustability assessment for all projects
Bender VM Package (16GB !)