Software Skills Lab
|Course:||Autumn Semester 2021|
|Lectures:||Wednesdays @ 14h15-16h00|
|Place:||Schützenmattstrasse 14, 107|
This 5 ECTS course is a common teaching unit of the three BeNeFri universities which ensures that students have a basic level of programming skills when starting their Master's studies. The course lasts one semester and takes place every week. It comprises three themes:
- (i) Data structures and representation,
- (ii) Algorithms and complexity, and
- (iii) Data analysis.
Each theme is taught in a different university. Each session in a theme revolves around a particular problem and builds on top of the previous sessions. Students should complete exercises of a previous session before a new one starts.
Students should register in the student administration system of their home university according to the rules at the bachelor's level. At the University of Bern, please register in KSL.
- Lectures on weeks 1-5 are held in Bern, Schützenmattstrasse 14, Room 107. Remote participation is possible over zoom (meetings link is available on the course moodle page)
- Lectures on weeks 6-9 are held in Neuchatel, UniMail Building, Rue Emile-Argand 11, Room B-316. These lectures will be also live-streamed via web-ex (link to be provided at a later time)
- Lectures on weeks 10-13 and the exam are held in Fribourg, Boulevard de Pérolles 90, Room B130.
The final grade is derived based on the exam grade.
The exam is held in December (exact date to be announced). If the teaching will continue in in-person mode, the exam will be held at the University of Fribourg, as a 90-minute written exam. If the current epidemiological situation worsens, the exam will be held online as a 30-minute open-book oral exam for each student.
Schedule 2021 (UniBe)
|1||22.09.2021||Java Crash Course|
|2||29.09.2021||Linear Data Structures|
|3||06.10.2021||Graphs and Trees|
|4||13.10.2021||Sets and Maps|
|5||20.10.2021||(Data Structure) Algorithms|