You have reached the homepage of Leonel Merino. I am a PhD student at the Software Composition Group in the University of Bern since March 2014.
My main research interest is about software visualisations. I like the idea that visualisations are good at providing lots of information in a comprehensive manner.
I obtained a Bachelor degree in Computer Science from the University of Chile (2006), and a Master degree from Ecole des Mines de Nantes and Vrije Universiteit Brussel (2008). I also spent some years working at a telecommunications company in Chile. For further information checkout my CV.
<work>merino [@] inf.unibe.ch</work>
<personal>leonelmerino [@] gmail.com</personal>
<fixed>+41 31 511 7638</fixed>
<cell>+41 78 405 4338</cell>
Refereed Papers in International Conferences
- Explora: A Visualisation Tool for Metric Analysis of Software Corpora. In VISSOFT'15: Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE Working Conference on Software Visualization, p. 195—199, IEEE, 2015. . DOI PDF →
- Towards Actionable Visualisation in Software Development. In VISSOFT'16: Proceedings of the 4th IEEE Working Conference on Software Visualization, IEEE, 2016. . DOI PDF →
- MetaVis: Exploring Actionable Visualization. In VISSOFT'16: Proceedings of the 4th IEEE Working Conference on Software Visualization, IEEE, 2016. . DOI PDF →
- Walls, Pillars and Beams: A 3D Decomposition of Quality Anomalies. In VISSOFT'16: Proceedings of the 4th IEEE Working Conference on Software Visualization, IEEE, 2016. To Appear. . PDF →
Refereed Papers in International Workshops
- Adaptable Visualisation Based On User Needs. In SATToSE'14: Pre-Proceedings of the 7th International Seminar Series on Advanced Techniques \& Tools for Software Evolution, p. 71—74, July 2014. . PDF →
- Explora: Infrastructure for Scaling Up Software Visualisation to Corpora. In SATToSE'14: Post-Proceedings of the 7th International Seminar Series on Advanced Techniques \& Tools for Software Evolution, 1354, CEUR Workshop Proceedings (CEUR-WS.org), 2015. http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1354/. . PDF →
- CommunityExplorer: A Framework for Visualizing Collaboration Networks. In Proceedings of International Workshop on Smalltalk Technologies (IWST 2016), p. 2:1—2:9, 2016. . DOI PDF →
Conference Reviewer / Co-reviewer
SANER 2017, SANER 2016, ICSME 2016, BENEVOL 2015, VISSOFT 2015, ICSME 2015, ICSE 2015, SATToSE 2014
VISSOFT 2016 - Artifact Evaluation Committee (4th IEEE Working Conference on Software Visualization — Raleigh, North Carolina, USA, October 3-4, 2016)
- Spaces, People, and Technology, Jun 2016, Fribourg
- Improving Presentation Skills for Computer Scientists, Nov 2015, Bern (organiser).
- Data Science for Software Development, Oct 2015, Bern
- Future User Interfaces, Jan 2015, Les Diablerets
- Design Science and Design Thinking, Jan 2015, Ovronnaz
- Demo-driven research, Nov 2014, Bern (organiser)
- Qualitative research methods in Information Systems, Oct 2014, Lausanne