This is a seminar for Bachelors, Masters and PhD students completing their project work or thesis in the Software Composition Group. Scheduled talks generally present recent progress in project work or research. Normally, the seminar takes place on Tuesdays at 10h15 in our seminar room (room 107, Schützenmattstrasse 14).
Students taking this as a regular seminar must register with Academia. Those who are not BeNeFri Joint Masters students (eg Bachelors students, Erasmus students) must apply for access to Academia to register. Students will work on a small, supervised project during the semester. Due to the high cost of supervision, participation is strictly limited (selection will be based on the results of a short quiz).
Masters students taking this as a seminar towards their MSc degree, and Bachelors students taking this as a Proseminar, (presently) do not have to register in Academia.
- Dec 17 - Marcel: Lego EV3
- Dec 3 - Oli Flückiger: What you (didn’t) want to know about V8.
Talks already given in 2013
- Oct 29 - Oscar Nierstrasz: What I learned from Rascal — NB: seminar exceptionally @ 14h00!
- Oct 8 - Erik Aeschlimann: Analyzing PL/1 Legacy Ecosystems – An Experience Report
- Oct 8 - Niko Schwarz: Cells — run pipelines of map/reduce jobs.
- Sep 25 - Adrian Kuhn: Live Coding, or Putting the Thinking Loop Back into Programming
- Aug 20 - David Wettstein: Analyzing Java System Properties
- July 16 - Mike Morelli: Detecting Polymorphism
- Nina Mujkanovic: Dynamic Metaobjects in Java using JRebel.
- Simon Marti: An Architecture for Ubiquitous Second Language Aquisition
- July 2. - Andrea Caracciolo: Experimentation in Software engineering
- June 4 - Michael Morelli: Detecting Polymorphism
- May 28 - Stefan Nüesch: Cost of Volatile
- May 21 - Bledar Aga: Static Dependency Cycle Removal, Phokham Nonava: Keyword Analysis
- May 14 - Attieh Givi: Layout-Sensitive Grammar in PetitParser Framework, Stefan Wanzenried: Parsing git log file
- May 7 - David Wettstein: Analyzing System Properties in Java
- Apr 30 - Cedric Reichenbach: DoodleDebug, presentation & demo
- Apr 16 - Haidar Osman: Collaborative Software Modelling
- Apr 9 - Jan Kurš: Composable and Modular Petit Parsing
- Mar 26 - Oscar Nierstrasz: Identify the Champion Revisited
- Mar 19 - Oscar Nierstrasz: ASDS 2013 overview (mindmap)
- Mar 5 - Michael Pradel: Automatic Testing of Sequential and Concurrent Substitutability
- Feb 19 - Introduction to seminar projects; quiz
See also: Past Seminars