The Large Word Collider
Inspired from the LHC, the LWC will accelerate word particles at learners.
zeeguu aims at completely revolutionizing the way a user acquires the vocabulary of a new language.
Zeeguu keeps track of all the words a user is learning in an online profile and provides an API for accessing it. Since the transfer to long term memory of a new word is only achieved after seven or more repetitions, this project aims at increasing the user's exposure to the new words he is learning, while browsing the web.
The goal of The Large Word Collider project is to design and build a browser extension which will provide for the user an increased exposure to the words that he is learning. Some ways in which you could do this are:
- highlighting the words that are being learned in the web pages that the user is visiting
- the extension automatically crawls the links from the current page and estimates the difficulty of each one by taking into account the words that are scheduled for rehearsal, as well as the words that the user knows.
What you will learn and practice
- Developing Google Chrome extensions, which have an excellent architecture
- Basic natural language processing algorithms
- Good team-work since the project involves you working with the Zeeguu team
- Love for coding
- [Ideally] Medium level expertise in a foreign language so you can use project yourself
Contact: Mircea F. Lungu